Sunshine Online for Parents
Give Your Child a Head Start in Reading and Maths
- Over 880 e-books (Levels 1–30+)
- Over 2,000 interactive activities focusing on phonics and words, comprehension, vocabulary, spelling, grammar, fluency and writing.
- Apple and Android Apps
- For use on all devices
- Requires internet connection
- Allows up to 3 individual users to be logged in
- 12 month subscription
- Parents can now choose to allocate content based on their child’s abilities or interest and can see progress and results in the Admin.
- All content at all three Learning Spaces in Sunshine Online is available to children as a huge library of titles and activities.
- Parents can log in up to three children per family.
- Children have access to a dashboard to see their progress, get certificates and trophies and unlock new avatars.
Add up to 3 children/students
Turn on assign books
Choose individual books or literacy level to assign
Child logs into student area and books appear that have been assigned
Sunshine Online includes a great selection of highly engaging fiction texts by different authors. Text highlighting and narration is available to all texts to support the reader.
The non-fiction e-books feature high-interest and age-appropriate topics that will appeal to all children. Selected titles also have video clips to enhance understanding of the text. Many of the texts are ideal for inquiry-based learning and support STEM education.
Sunshine Online includes fun, interactive activities that explore a wide range of skills. Every book in Sunshine Online is followed by a comprehensive activity or quiz to check on understanding and a read-and-record activity to support reading fluency.
The Staffroom section provides teaching support resources. These include teaching notes, activity sheets, curriculum-linking documents, Skill Overview Charts etc.
ACTIVITIES & VIDEOS
Along with a comprehension and fluency activity, selected titles also have video clips to support student understanding.