Sunshine’s Morning Tea Shout (‘the Competition’)
HOW TO ENTER
The Competition is conducted by Sunshine Multimedia (Australia) Pty Ltd (‘Sunshine’).
The Competition will run from 21/02/2019 until 31/10/2019 with a monthly prize awarded – nine in total.
Entry to the Competition is online only at the Sunshine Books Australia Facebook Page. Eligible entrants enter the Competition by adding their school name to the comments box and writing in 25 words or less why their colleagues deserve the treat of a morning tea. The best written entry as determined by the judges will win a morning tea for their school.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Entry in this Competition shall be deemed to be an acknowledgement and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2) The promoter is Sunshine Multimedia (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 64 078 729 709) and registered office address at 2/71 Northgate Drive, Thomastown VIC 3074.
3) The Competition commences at 7.00am (AEDT) on 21 February 2019 and closes at 11.59pm (AEDT) on 31 October 2019. Each month one prize will be awarded.
4) Entry to the Competition is only open to Australian primary schools and their representatives. The competition entrant must be an employee and representative of the school, e.g. teacher, principal, office administrator, and must be 21 years of age or older (‘Eligible Entrants’). Each Eligible Entrant acknowledges and confirms as part of each entry that it has the right and authority to enter into the Competition on behalf of and for the benefit of their school.
5) Eligible Entrants must enter the Competition at the Sunshine Facebook Page.
6) Individual Entrants may only enter the Competition once in any calendar month. Other individual Entrants from the same school may also enter but only once in any calendar month. Additional entries received in the same calendar month, from the same individual, will not be valid entries and will be removed from the Competition.
7) Sunshine reserves the right, at any time during or after the closing date of the competition, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants and to disqualify any Eligible Entrant who Sunshine has reason to believe has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or breaches these terms and Conditions. Disqualification may also include deletion of any relevant material from the Sunshine Facebook Page.
8) There will be one winner each month for the duration of the competition. Each winner will receive one morning tea for their school to the value of $200 (‘the Prize’). Total Prize value for all monthly draws is $1,800.
9) The Prize may be provided as morning tea food items, or may be provided as cash. The Prize is non-transferable. The decision on the prize awarded for each winner will be determined wholly by Sunshine based on the feasibility of providing food items to the winning school’s location. Sunshine does not accept any liability for any food allergies or medical issues that may arise from the consumption of any food items and they are provided on and ‘as is, where is’ basis for the winner and the school to determine the manner of use and distribution as they see fit.
10) Where the Prize is provided as food items and the value of these items is less than $200, Sunshine will provide the winning school with the balance of the prize in cash.
11) Sunshine shall determine the nine monthly winners of the Prize based on the best written entry for each month taking into account all factors relevant to why a school may be deserve a morning tea shout. The Competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged by a panel of Sunshine staff against the entry criteria.
12) The Competition end dates for each monthly prize is the last day of the month: 28/02/19, 31/03/19, 30/04/19, 31/05/19, 30/06/19, 31/07/19, 31/08/19, 30/09/19 and 31/10/19. Monthly competitions will close at 11.59 pm on these dates.
13) Winners for each monthly prize will be decided by 11.00 am (AEST/AEDT) at the premises of Sunshine Multimedia on these dates: 01/03/19 for February entries, 01/04/19 for March entries, 01/05/19 for April entries, 03/06/19 for May entries, 01/07/19 for June entries, 01/08/19 for July entries, 02/09/19 for August entries, 01/10/19 for September entries and 01/11/19 for October entries.
The winners will be announced on Facebook and notified via Facebook messenger by close of business on the draw dates above. If no response is received from the winners within thirty (30) days of such notification, or if the winner refuses or is unable to accept their prize, or there are eligibility or verification issues in relation to the winner, Sunshine shall have the right to forfeit the Prize in relation of that winner and shall determine another winner of the Prize by deciding the next best entry for that month, no later than ten (10) days from forfeiture.
14) Sunshine accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury incurred to enter the Competition or in connection with taking up the prize.
15) All Prizes must be claimed by 06/12/19.
16) In all matters, Sunshine’s decisions will be final, including awarding of the Prize. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
18) By entering the Competition, you consent to Sunshine:
- a) Sending you emails for promotional purposes, but you may unsubscribe from this service at any time; and
- b) All entries become the property of Sunshine. In the event you win the Prize, Sunshine may use your details including your name and image and school name in various promotional materials and you agree to make yourself available for these purposes and will on request from Sunshine also ask your colleagues at your school to also make themselves available for this purpose. Sunshine will have all rights to such promotional materials and may use it for its own marketing activities. Sunshine will also own upon creation the copyright or other intellectual property in any photographs, images or material that may be created as a result of this Competition including all information and material included in any entry (which may also be used by Sunshine for any purpose including promotional purposes).
19) Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Sunshine (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) arising in any way out of the Competition.
20) Sunshine shall not be liable for a failure or delay in performance in connection with the Competition (including the provision of the Prize) where such failure or delay is caused by Act of God (such as fire, flood or earthquake), state of emergency, war, Act of Parliament, governmental or regional or local authority restraint, legislation or bylaw, strike, industrial action, lockout, difficulty in procuring components or materials, technical difficulties or interference, equipment malfunction, shortage of labour, lack of skilled labour, delays in transit, failure or delays by suppliers or subcontractors, failure, delay or inability to obtain any necessary authorisation, legislative, departmental or other prohibition or restrictions, legal action, injunction or threat or reasonably anticipated threat of injunction or other legal action by any person or other causes whatsoever (whether similar in nature or not to the foregoing) beyond Sunshine’s reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”).
21) Sunshine reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition at any time irrespective of the expiry date for the Competition including, without limitation, if for any reason the Competition is interfered with or disrupted due to a Force Majeure Event. Any such cancellation, termination, modification, suspension or recommencement shall be notified on the Sunshine Facebook Page.
22) To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of Sunshine, whether for breach of these conditions or in negligence or in any other tort or for any other common law or statutory cause of action arising in relation to the promotion or the Prize, is limited to $1,800.
23) If you are located in a jurisdiction where entry into this Competition is prohibited, then Sunshine shall be entitled to disqualify you from the draw at any time.
24) By entering and participating, entrants agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Sunshine from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Competition, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
25) Sunshine reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry and delete any entry which, in the opinion of Sunshine, includes objectionable content, profanity, insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. Sunshine’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26) This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
27) The Competition shall be governed by the laws of Victoria.